Lend Your Helping Hand, Volunteer With Habitat
Since Habitat is a volunteer-driven organization, we rely on volunteers like you in every facet of our operations from producing newsletters, to serving on committees, to helping in the office and ReStore, to working on our construction sites. Indeed without the involvement and support of volunteers there would not be much construction.
To volunteer, please register with Volunteer UP. All of the volunteer opportunities are listed on the VolunteerUP calendar. After you register, you can check the calendar for project dates, sign up for when you want to volunteer, and receive e-mails of volunteer opportunities. If you have questions about any of the opportunities available, please, go to Volunteer UP or call 803-642-9295 x301.
Volunteer for many of the opportunities available.
- Involve your church, company, and civic organizations. There are many ways groups can help. For example, you can encourage your group to become a sponsor, work on a build or fundraising project, or bring meals to construction workers.
- Donate items for the ReStore. Donations of furniture, collectibles, working appliances, vehicles, and much more are welcome. Your donations are tax deductible.
- Make a monetary donation. Giving opportunities for groups and individuals are detailed on our website or a check could be mailed to PO Box 3323, Aiken, SC 29802.
- Encourage eligible families to apply for homeownership. Call our office (642-9295 x301) for more information on requirements for home.
- Volunteer Appreciation (Event): This event focuses on thanking our “Volunteers”. This is when Habitat gets to give back to our volunteers and show its appreciation for their support and committment during the year.
- Blitz Week House Build (Program): This is a national program were professional “Homebuilders” and Habitat for Humanity affiliates in communities across the United States will work alongside concerned volunteers to build 1,000 decent, affordable homes. For Aiken County Habitat, this is usually an annual build that takes place in June.
- Women Build (Program): This is a national event focused on the relationship of Women and Habitat. Women learn construction skills in an unintimidating environment, and put them into action with families in need.
- Campus Chapters and Youth (Programs): Thousands of students are putting their love into action through Habitat’s Campus Chapters and Youth Programs.
- End of Year Tax Credit Drive (Program): This is a national program to increase “Planned Giving” and end of year tax credits.